Break the emoticode to WIN $20,000 CASH Promotion
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This competition (Competition) is conducted in New Zealand by Mike Pero Mortgages Lilmited CN 1488102 of Level 8, 45 Queen Street, Auckland 1010 New Zealand (Promoter).
- The Major Prize Indemnifier is Sports & Events Marketing Ltd, PO Box 62162, Sylvia Park, Auckland, New Zealand (Major Prize Indemnifier).
- This Competition commences at 8:00am (NZDT) 3 March 2017 and closes at 4:59pm (NZST) on 10 December 2017 (Promotional Period).
- This Competition is only open to individuals who:
- are New Zealand residents;
- are aged 18 years or older; and
- have not breached these Terms and Conditions.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, or any of their agencies associated with this Competition are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
- Entry into this Competition is deemed to be acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter’s decision not to enforce a specific restriction does not constitute a waiver of that restriction or of these Terms and Conditions generally.
- Each entrant acknowledges that the Promoter can rely on these Terms and Conditions even if the Promoter only learns of an entrant’s ineligibility to enter after the Promoter has awarded a Prize to the ineligible entrant. Return of a Prize or payment of its equivalent value to the Promoter can be required by the Promoter if this occurs.
- To enter the Major Prize Draw, individuals must during the promotional period visit a Mike Pero activation site and using the tablets available:
- input the requested details (including their full name and a valid email address), and submitting the fully completed entry form or enter;
- After following the prompts, participants will be asked to guess exactly (in the correct sequence), the six (6) Emoji (a small digital image or icon used to express an idea or emotion in electronic communication) from the 35 presented Emoji icons.
- Number of individual Emoji Icons - 35
- Only one entry permitted per person and unique email address.
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- Entries may only be submitted online and in the correct form as described in clause 8 and will not be accepted by the Promoter in any other form.
- The Major Prize will be awarded as follows:
- At 12pm (AEST) on 11 December 2017 the Major Prize Indemnifier will instruct the promoter (or their agents) to open a security sealed envelope to reveal the winning combination. This combination will be checked against the entrant database which closed the day prior. The first entry with the exact match of the six Emoji sequence held by Mike Pero will be determined as the winner of the Major Prize.
- The six Emoji sequence will be verified by the Major Prize Indemnifier.
- Subject to any directions from a regulatory authority, the process will be recorded and the Promoter will make the record available to the public for inspection on request.
- Only one (1) Major Prize will be awarded should more than one winning code be validly entered. If more than one entrant correctly guesses the six Emoji sequence, the entry submitted the closest in time to the Competition start date will be the winner. The Promoter is not under any obligation to award a Major Prize if a valid entrant does not correctly guess 6 Emoji sequence as set out in clause 12 during the Promotional Period.
- Should the 6 Emoji sequence not be guessed, a ‘consolation’ will be awarded to the entrant who submits the closest match to the pre-selected Emoji sequence during the Promotional Period. This process will be carried out at at 12:00pm (AESDT) on 16 December 2017 At Flow Marketing 403 Pakington St Newtown Victoria, Australia 3220. The Competition will only award one (1) Consolation Prize. Should more than one closest match sequence be submitted, the entry received earliest to the Competition start date will be the winner of the Consolation Prize.
- For the purpose of clause 14 the ‘closest match’ means the entry with the most correct Emjois in their sequential ordering.
- The winner of the Major Prize or Consolation Prize (as the case may be) will be notified by telephone and emailed within two business days of the date of the Major Prize or Consolation Prize draw, and their name will on and appear on the Promoter’s Website https://www.mikepero.co.nz/wincash for a period of 28 days from the 18 December 2017.
- A draw for any unclaimed prizes may take place on 18 March2018 at the same time and place as the original draws, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Winners, if any, will be notified in writing within 2 business days of the draw and appear on the Promoter’s website https://www.mikepero.co.nz/wincash for a period of 28 days from the 18 March 2018.
- The Major Prize is $20,000.00 (NZ) cash.
- The Consolation Prize $1,000.00 (NZ) cash.
- Prizes (or any unused portion of a prize) are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. Prizes must be taken as offered and may not be varied. If for any reason a winner does not take a Prize (or part of a prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the Prize (or part of the prize) will be forfeited
- If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
- Total prize pool value is up to NZD $21,000 incl. GST
- All entries must be submitted by a natural person and any automated entries, fraudulent entries or entries by persons using an alias shall be invalid.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are the winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation due to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Competition or the reputation of this Competition or that of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Competition, subject to regulatory approval, if required.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including their eligibility to enter) and to disqualify any entrant whose entry is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who otherwise tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will be deemed invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity or details of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity or details of the entrant.
- By entering this Competition entrants agree that if he or she correctly guesses 6 Emoji sequence, he or she will undertake such steps as are required by the Promoter, and the Major Prize Indemnifier to enable the payment of the $20,000 and acknowledges that the $20,000 will not be available until these requirements have been met to the satisfaction of the Major Prize Indemnifier.
- As a condition of accepting a prize, each entrant must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, as well as any other implied warranties under consumer protection laws in New Zealand (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, Mike Pero (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Mike Peros control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by Mike Pero) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Mike Pero; (d) any tax liability incurred by a winning entrant; or (e) use/taking of a prize.
- Any entrant who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the entry mechanism or draw in any way, engages in any unlawful or improper conduct which jeopardizes or is likely to jeopardize the fair or proper conduct of the Competition, or who does not properly comply with the entry process, will be ineligible to win.
- Quality control errors will not invalidate an otherwise valid prize claim. Unless otherwise due to fraud or ineligibility under these Terms, all prize claims in excess of the advertised prize pool will be honoured.
- The laws of New Zealand apply to this Competition to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.
- The Promoter’s decisions in relation to this Competition are final and no correspondence or communication will be entered into in relation any aspect of this Competition.
- For any further information relating to this Competition please contact the Promoter on 0800 500 123.
How to enter:
Winner Notification and Consolation Prize: