Disability and trauma protection insurance
Developing a life-threatening illness or injury can take its toll on your physical and mental state. Modern advances in medical treatment mean the chances of surviving are much higher – however a diagnosis brings increased stress, lengthy treatment and time away from work commitments. Trauma cover will help you get through this tough time with:
- A lump sum payment to be paid if you suffer a serious illness to ensure you can cope with the consequential effects on your lifestyle, family and work.
- A monthly income can be paid to you and your family in the event you suffer from a specified critical illness or injury.
- Trauma related income cover means that up to 75% of your gross income can be paid as a monthly installment until you reach age 65.
Income when you can’t work anymore
In the event that total or permanent disability affects your ability to work, Mike Pero can help ensure you don’t come under financial stress. According to the Ministry of Health 40% of New Zealanders will suffer some sort of disability or long-term illness before they reach age 65. If the disability is permanent, this insurance policy can:
- Pay off or contribute to mortgage repayments
- Pay any other debts such as personal loans
- Safeguard your family’s future
- Provide a full-time caregiver
- Make modifications to the family home or vehicle
- Meet ongoing costs of medical treatment
With the help of your adviser you can decide what cover is best for you – call us today.
Mike Pero has access to a panel of mortgage protection insurance providers that offer products for all types of earners – so speak to an adviser today.
Select a region below to find your local Mike Pero Adviser